Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Wordless Wednesday (#StyleMeMarch - Week One Edition)

With the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge over, I am left to my own devices for Wordless Wednesdays once again. That is why I was all too happy to join the "#StyleMeMarch" challenge from Hilary Rushford of the Bow Ties and Bettys Style Blog.

I was intrigued when my friend Annie tweeted that she was considering going out of her comfort zone and joining the challenge. Here's the deal:


The goal is to achieve each day's challenge without spending lots of money (good thing).

So far here's what March has held for me.

On favorite color day (March 1), nothing in my favorite color (red) was work-appropriate, so I dressed in a color I gravitate to often:


[March 2 was "hair braid" day. I took a pass on that one!]

On "Parisian" day (March 3), I was stumped. Hilary encouraged sophisticated black and white, along with pearls. I didn't really arrive at "sophisticated," but I checked off black, white, and pearls. The salesperson at Coach complimented me on my skirt. Ooh la la!



For "bought on sale" day (March 4), that was a breeze since pretty much everything I own qualifies! I got this dress for $10 from Marshall's. These things that hang off it are weird but once you wrap them around your waist and knot them, it works! I love the fact that I can wear navy, black, or gray shoes with the dress. And of course that green color surfaces again.



Even though we are encouraged not to buy anything new, "bold lipstick day" (March 5) necessitated a purchase. This "ruby" lipstick definitely ratchets things up. (Old color on top, ruby on bottom.)




Today (March 6) was "pattern" day, so I wore argyle:

I'll never be a fashion plate but I have really let things deteriorate, blaming family budget issues, time crunches, and a host of other things.

The challenge is making me pay attention. Being in touch with the little details doesn't take a credit card with a high limit or a wad of cash. It takes caring about yourself. That doesn't cost a cent.






4 comments:

jennie jackson said...

Hey you're looking good! I probably need a fashion do over. Maybe I should try it?

jennie jackson said...

You look great! I need a fashion do over!

Kristi Bonney said...

Paula, what in the world are you talking about? You look great! I love the skirt, dress and lipstick as well. :)

Unknown said...

I like your take on this challenege and I like how you post about your thought process for each day. And now that I think about it, I've only been checking out the posts from Instagram, but I should check twitter too!!