Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wordless Wednesday



We have gotten increasingly accustomed to knowing how long we are going to have to wait for things. 

Call customer service, and you'll know there are four people ahead of you with a wait time of approximately 3 minutes.

Get in line at Space Mountain, and anticipate a wait time of 20 minutes from "this point in line." 

Order "The Girl Who Played with Fire" from amazon.com, and receive several emails predicting when your book will arrive.

That's why I was surprised (and amused) when, upon powering up my office copier Sunday, it told me this:



Our copier is a realist with good grammar (it's really easy to confuse "a while" and "awhile")!

Honesty and good grammar:  two things that are difficult to duplicate.

7 comments:

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Haha! I love it. "Awhile" and "a while" are really big pet peeves of mine. That and "could have" as opposed to "could of". Get it right people!
Thanks for stopping by and linking up. Have a great day Paula. I hope you weren't kept waiting too long.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

Unknown said...

At least it is telling you something.

WeeMasonMan's Mom said...

At least it's honest! All of them I've seen say "a moment" which to me, means a few seconds. A while lets me know that I definitely can go to the freezer and get some ice cream!

Amanda G said...

That is hilarious! I wish our one from school would say that, it would lighten the mood when you desperately need something copied five minutes ago. :)
amanda (from myramblings.ca)

Brenda said...

lol, that is one funny post!

Velva said...

Cheers to the copier! Love it.

Susan Fields said...

That is a funny message - I'm glad your printer is honest, anyway. :)