Friday, December 23, 2011

All Dressed Up With Nowhere to .......Hey Anyone Want to Go Out? (A Mama Kat Writing Prompt)

This week, random.org handed me Mama Kat prompt number five: Put together a holiday outfit you’d love to wear at a holiday party should a holiday party ever be on your list of things to do.

.......long extended pause here while I pick myself up off the floor from laughing ... luxe holiday party? Me? In what lifetime? ........

But a woman can dream, so here goes.

The easiest way to write this post would be to say the following: If I am having a good hair day (which usually means that it has been styled by Bonnie at Polished Effects), I could be wearing a croaker sack and feel great. But unfortunately Bonnie does not live at my house and croaker sacks are so 1930's.

The fun people at Zappo's, especially the twitter service team from @zappos_service, have been so great to me, even though I am not a big ticket customer, that I thought I would peruse their selection of dressy wear to put together my fantasy outfit.

It would include this burgundy dress:



(Caveat: being a "fantasy" post, I picked something that would fit my "fantasy figure" - remember this is a fun daydream!)



which happen to have the coolest soles:

This clutch:

These earrings:


This bracelet:

And, although it is in the black family instead of the brown family, since it is newer than my current coat which is navy blue and over 20 years old, this coat (with the faux fur removed):




Throw in a manicure so my nails are just right, and I'd be ready to indulge in some holiday festiveness.

Who's ready for a girls' night out?

Mama's

3 comments:

Maya said...

me! i'd join you, but only if you put together my outfit for me, b/c clearly you have a good eye for designing outfits!

Mary McManus said...

Lovin it! I have to meet you someday.

KatBouska said...

Yes! It's the perfect imaginary outfit for the perfect imaginary party! I'll see you there. ;)